Print Header

No. 14 Squadron

T-6C Texan II pilot training aircraft

Military pilot training in New Zealand extends back to the days of the New Zealand Permanent Air Force formed in June 1923. With the establishment of the RNZAF in 1937 flying training was a priority with a Flying Training School (No. 1 FTS) established at Wigram. In August 1966 No. 1 FTS was renamed Pilot Training Squadron (PTS). The Squadron remained at Wigram until 1993 when all flying training was concentrated at RNZAF Base Ohakea.

The Pilot Training Squadron was disestablished on 30 Jan 2015 and No. 14 Squadron was re-established with the introduction of the Beechcraft T-6C Texan II trainers.

For more information contact:
Postal Address: The Commanding Officer
No. 14 Sqn RNZAF
RNZAF Base Ohakea
Private Bag
PALMERSTON NORTH
N.Z.